Saturday, February 18, 2006

Baby Food, 2 experiences


So you might think I am a GRANOLA, HIPPIE mom after reading this one, but actually I make baby food because I like to cook. I do feed jar food too as I have not perfected the recipes for the GREEN foods.

Sweet Potatoes with Ham

Boiled water (about 1 cup I think)in a pot with a steamer basket on top.

Peeled and cubed 2 sweet potatoes.

Added to steam basket and cooked until soft. Combined them in a blender with 2 tablespoons brown sugar (light) and the water from the pot. Added a can of Underwood Deviled Ham spread. Blended until smooth. Add formula if too thick or rice cereal if too thin.

Placed in ice cube trays and covered with saran wrap. Put in freezer until hard. Bust out the cubes and bag em up.


Cream Corn and Chicken

1 can of cream corn with some leftover roasted chicken (about 1/3 of a breast and some dark meat thrown in) into a pot and I simmered for about 30 minutes on low heat.

Blend in blender with some formulua to thin and pour into the ice cube trays as above.

TO PREPARE CUBES

I heat in the microwave on AUTO defrost. Number of cubes = level number.

No comments: