Saturday, February 18, 2006

Huevos Rancheros


I was watching Rachel Ray on 30 minute meals the other day and she was making this, calling it "Ranch Hand Eggs." What a gringa! Well, here's my version because I had a craving for it at breakfast this morning.

Get out sauce pan and dump rest of Pace Picante sauce into bottom. Add a smidge of what was left on the bottom of the Pace Picante Salda Squeeze bottle. Add a few tablespoons of water. Heat to simmer.

Crack 2 eggs into the sauces. cover and lower heat. One of the egg yolks busted. Oh well...

Put some tortilla chips in a pan and place in toaster over. Toast. Overtoasted a bit, but nice smell in wafting into the kitchen. Put chips in a bowl.

Eggs are done poaching. Pour into bowl on top of chips. Top with shredded cheddar. Serves ME.

Not too bad, sauce a bit acidic, still on hunt for perfect salsa. Perfect salsa was once tasted when I was 14 and my best friends dad made it from his own garden tomatoes.

No comments: